Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ministers/ PK Retreat.

Ok, after a pretty long time of absence in blogging I'm finally back online. 1st time I experience a whole week I was at camps. First was the ministers retreat and then church camp. Phew. . . Though both camps were exciting but then it does drain out energy. Anyway so this is my first post for june. Hope it would be a blessing to all.

So on monday 28th may 2007 evening, went to awana, genting for the AG ministers retreat. Reached there near to 7pm. Well, for me before going to the retreat I did thought about it a couple of times whether I should go. Since I don't know anyone there (sort of) though I do know some familiar faces but wondered they would remember me or not. But anyway, I put those thoughts back and just let things be. Though I may be shy but in the secular world, it does not do any good. So I just planned to be as friendly as possible & not being reserved.

1st day of the retreat wasn't that bad after all, shared room with 3 other ppl whom I never met or known before except one whom his father knows my dad etc. Fine, no big deal. But eventually became friends. It's an impossible thing to remain unknown to or with your room mates. You just need to get to know them and they get to know you. Things can just be as easy by starting out with small talk i.e What's you name etc. I did wondered if I'm going to know my other two room mates or not. But in the end I did get to know them after all. Which wasn't that bad.

So as for the sessions, they were great. The first night & the next morning had the western aussie youth alive band came & ministered to us. Most of the band members are pastors. Most of them did some sharing about their lives, testimonies and so on. Pic below's one of the band member who's the youngest, plays the bass, is a PK and uhm... guess you can see it for yourselves. He's the one in white shirt.


The other sessions, had other ministers to preach to us. Ps Clement also preached. One thing that I notice is that during worship, a thing odd is that quite a number of PKs knows about harmonizing. Yes, they harmonize the songs. Especially worship songs. And some of them are good at worship leading. A whole group of us about nearly 50++ people flocked the mamak stall down at gotong jaya with the help of a few YAM comm's cars.

As for the spiritual side, I was greatly impacted and also can see that each of the PKs hearts are for God and that we are to impact our generation of youths. Not to say we as PKs are definitely going to be pastors etc but according to God's will and His perfect timing that we are to follow and obey.

By the way, had football game with the pastors. First day was a mix of PKs & pastors which was pretty nicely played. But have to be decided on penalties in the end. My opponent won. Next day was PKs & pastors this time ALSO have to be decided on penalties. The pastors won again. Though I was the goalie for both of the matches and pretty let down by the score for penalties bu during the full time game it was a fun one. With breath taking shots and breath taking saves. It was rather an enjoyable game.

In the end, I get to know a few other PKs better and other new ones. It was a worthwhile experience both spiritually and physically. And in the next two years we will have it again.


No comments: