Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Monday, December 10, 2007

Hong Kong Trip- Day 2

Guess I rephrase my statement on previous post which states "shopping is not my cup of tea" since I'll be endangered of not being able to go overseas. So it'll be re-phrased to- I prefer going to some museums, visiting the mall, perhaps watching movie. Right... At least this won't quite get me into trouble. And now back on the 2nd day in HK...

Day 2 (4th Dec)- Hong Kong Disneyland.
It was about 8am something when the room phone rings..... It was my dad, making his morning call to wake us up. My sis went to brush her teeth etc while I still semi-slept on, then my turn to clean myself up then went downstairs to the lobby, went outside to the cold morning, oh yeah I forgot to say that the hotel we stayed in is at Tsing Yi, and it's near the harbour where heaps and heaps of crates can be seen, and those big large crate ships on the bayside. Not leaving those huge cranes to transport those crates. It's like 24 hours the harbour is working non-stop. Anyway went to scout around for breakfast which ended up going to 7-eleven at a shopping plaza nearby the hotel to buy bread. Didn't know there was "Twisties" there but it's called another name. After that went back to the hotel lobby to wait for the bus ride to Disneyland Hong Kong. And I can say I'm one of the many blessed ones who can go Disneyland twice. One in the U.S. the other in HK. Wonderful.....











Arrived at Disneyland at about 10.30am or so. The weather was cold, at least not the freezing type of cold which is a good thing cause if it's freezing cold I would be trying to go indoors rather than outdoors. And so went to the gates, went in, took photos of Mickey's face which was made out of different flowers then proceeded on to the inside. Inside, as comparing to the previous Disneyland I went to, it looks much the same. I'd say very the same. I think they used the same painters, contractors to build the place. Found few Disney characters and people lining up to take photos with them. Well, I did not go to take photos with them but took photos of them. As not so keen to take photos with those characters. No sight of Donald Duck though. A band of musicians paraded through, playing Christmas carols since it's near to the Christmas season. They played wonderfully. I think they're not local, and they may be Filipinos as they don't look Chinese to me. First ride of the day is uhm... Wait, let me think.... Erm.... It's Jungle River Cruise. Yeah... That ride. It was a ride where it takes you pass the jungle to various sort of things etc. Lastly the finale before reaching the jetty, awesome pyro-techniques display of fire billowing from artificial caves, out from the river, with smoke. Cool indeed....














After that went to watch a live performance which is the "Festival of Lion King" which is about the summary of the Lion King, Simba's life. More like a 30 min summary of the cartoon. This time, through live performance. Stepped into the theater which can seat about 200 people or so. Not knowing how the show will be like, awaited with anticipation. Show started, various characters came out, very good lightings, the stare evolved and to a technical perception. From an innocent looking flat surface (for those who haven't watch it before) it became a stage itself, mechanically rising up. Middle of it there's a hole but it's covered. To certain part of the scene, there will be one actor coming up from it. Which means there's an underground room or something. Then nice, short acrobatic stunt and it's live singing as well... An effort well put out as everyone in the cast sang wonderfully and danced with high spirits... I mean with the energy. I'm awed... And expected to see more of other stage shows later.

Had various rides, went Space Mountain and other rides. Space Mountain is a roller coaster ride which sends you to a space like atmosphere at with sudden bends and dives, it's an exhilarating ride. After that ride I felt a little bit nausea but went for a 2nd time cause have to accompany my sis. I wonder why I'm easily down to being nausea with those extreme rides lately which did not occur often. Went for other stage shows which was equally exciting as the previous one. One show as it may be called as is an interactive session with Stich. Not the guy in the suit Stich but the cartoon Stich. Still a mystery, Stich communicated with the audience. Live on the screen, no delayed telecast or anything, Stich just interacted with the audience and ask some of the audience where are they from, had still picture of them. One of it that states that one of the audience was an escape "prisoner". Not bad technology. Applause to the wonderful creativity of it.

Not leaving the hype of it all which is the fireworks display. It's beyond description. No words can describe it. It's beyond wonderful and splendid. What else can I say? The fireworks just "danced" along the music. Which plays the various Disney theme song from the various Disney animation movies such as the song like "A whole new world, Be our guest" and so on. Video clips about it can be watched at my picture, video album: http://joeltheyap.multiply.com/












After that took the train to a station not far away from Disneyland entrance, to a train station whereby met someone for dinner. Ate noodles, and for no reason my stomach wasn't that well and that's the starting point of it throughout the stay in HK my stomach just feels weird. After that took the cab back to the hotel which is about 11pm plus and off to bath and sleep. And that was the 2nd day. Interesting eh? Wait till I finish the post about the 3rd day.

No comments: