Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hong Kong Trip- Day 4

Day 4 (6th Dec)- Ocean Park and other places.

Same old, old routine. Morning call and son on. You get the picture. Super sleepy already as I slept at 1.30am due to the slow hanging laptop when I want to transfer those pictures as I ran out of space for the memory card. Took too many photos. This time we walked ourselves to the train station since King Yu had classes so he can't join us. So we took the train to the bus waiting place to go to Ocean Park. Another theme park where you can have fun there. This theme park appeals more for the youths because there are more thrilling rides as compared to Disneyland. Which was referred to as a place for old folks and kids. And so we hopped on the double deck bus and headed to Ocean Park. Last time I remember or rather see from the pictures taken, I was at Ocean Park 18 years ago. When I was just 2 years old. After about 20 mins plus journey, we arrived to Ocean Park. Went in, had some rides along the way up. The escalator which is labelled as the longest escalator in Asia or something like that. Nonetheless it looks the same as the pictures I saw from the photo album at home. Except that the hills are bald as extension is being made.

As far as I see, only minor changes are made at Ocean Park, some new attractions are installed. But anyway it was a long time ago since I was there, so in return I don't think I can remember anything about the last trip here so better off for me to enjoy myself. I was careful not to have any rides that would cause my head to spin. Sat a 3 looped roller coaster, interesting but can be pretty nauseating if those who can't stand over thrilling rides. In total I sat about 4 rides and went to few attractions like the panda place, where we can see panda bear alive, but then I can't imagine those panda lives on such a cold climate as the air condition is blasted up to a very cold temperature. Then went to see jellyfish, first time seeing them in tanks since I only see them on tv so don't have a clear picture of how they are like.



Took the cable car down to the foothill where there are some attractions there where the panda was, had lunch there as well, watched birds and the other, sea lions stage shows. Not bad the show was. Rushed to take the cable up again to the ocean theater, there was a long line to que up for the cable car. Guess everyone's going to catch the show. Reached there and it was fully packed. Ended up tip toe-ing and see, at least I borrowed my friend's camera. Managed to take some nice shots of dolphins doing tricks and so on. After that headed out of Ocean Park. Basically Ocean Park is not as big as Disneyland. Upgrading & refurbishment need to be done in my opinion. So we asked for direction on how to go to our next destination which was Stanley Market. Took a mini bus there and the journey was semi-horrendous as it's swerving left and right. Like some race in some movie like Initial-D. Make me wanna vomit only. Reached the destination and more walking. No wonder I rarely see any fat people there. Since everyone in HK walks. Went to see any souvenirs to buy. This time i did bought some things back for my colleagues.



After finished walking, we headed to the bus station nearby and took a double decker bus to some place to meet up with my dad's friend for dinner. This time the journey was not that bad except it was super packed with people. We had a nice meal at an old restaurant. Not that bad actually. Had roast goose. Goose and duck are two different animals but then the goose is just plain many fats and oily. It just tasted like duck meat. I just loved the prawns. Which was big in size and nice in flavour. So making me drooling now. Yum~~ After the meal, went to meet up with King Yu who was waiting for us at a train station, then we took the train to The Peak. Where it is a peak where we can see part of HK, the skyscrapers and buildings around it. Took the tram up. It was like the Penang Hill sort of tram but it's faster and the road was steep. Very steep. Reached the peak and in to Madame Tussauds we went too see the wax figures. Met some local HK starts and also international stars. Some look like them in real life, while some don't quite look like them.


After Madame Tussauds went scouting around for things to buy and where I found the gifts at a cheaper price that I can find compared with other prices I've seen before. And I bought some of it. Took the bus down the hill and took the star ferry to the other side of the island where our hotel is. Tired out already, and the goal of going to see Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts is not fulfilled but never mind, guess I'll opt to search details online then. Reached the hotel and bid King Yu farewell as it was our last night ini Hong Kong and will be departing HK the next day. King Yu to me seems sad of our departure as he enjoyed us visting HK and the opportunity to be with us but too bad next day he have classes on and would not be able to make it to the airport to send us off. And to the bathroom for a bath and to the bed I go. 4th day complete, time for depature soon. Oh yeah, before I forget, when we reached HK we discussed that we are to stay at night in S'pore but majority disagreed but then due to me being lazy to argue to go home after the HK trip, well we planned to stay over at HK in a Church member's apartment. Not that happy I was but just yield to the plan Sigh...

No comments: