Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Monday, January 21, 2008

YES '08

After a week and a half at BCM (Bible College Malaysia) for YES (Youth Enrichment School), I'm finally back and I do have to say that I do miss YES. Both the people as well as the lessons there. Wished there were more lessons. Well, at least I do get the chance of tasting what's the life staying in the dorm at BCM. Not that bad afterall, except for the gruelling task of waking up at 6am in the morning to do devotion. I salute them who woke up earlier than that to do devotion. Cause one of my room mate wakes up at 5am to do devotion. I did woke up at 6am to do devoiton for a period of time till Ps Julie said we're allowed to sleep on as we need to be refreshed to attend class. I was very very very grateful for that. As for the food, tasty it were and thank God no stomach complications for me throughout my stay there. Phew.....

The day where everything is going to start, woke up and drove to bcm though I did turn back to my house to get something I left and still forget to take another stuff but didn't turn back home just to save on fuel. Didn't know the road was that jam but made it on time to bcm. Wasn't late at least. Got the timetable and was happy that there was a day of holiday since it's a public holiday. With all the introduction, exaltation sessions it started off pretty well. Though it was the beginning of something new, meeting new faces. And as the days goes on, bonds gets us together and closer to the tie of friendship. Oh, there's assignment to do... Not a good thing actually, meaning there's a 2 way to settle the assignment. One is to finish it once and for all or to opt procrastinate till the deadline only start doing. What option did I choose? This time I was a little bit wiser and did not regret doing it. I opted to finish it once and for all and pass it up. So I finished it before the public holiday. Meaning I finished it in 2-3 days. At least I get to enjoy after that and not to worry about when to do the assignments.

Had sessions everyday, with different topic and activity. Day two was Emily's b'day so went to mamak after library session. Matthew, William & Hai Yen was there as well. So we had fun fellowship with each other and updating what had been going on thus far.

Get to go for satay in kajang. Tasted rabbit satay. It tasted like chicken to me. Then got to rush back to bcm for the music practice for the weekend ministry. Including me there where 6 of us from Charis. Surprisingly I thought there where other guys who are attending YES but turned out that I was the only guy and the others girls from Charis. I got to go home and have my own bed for the night and next day got to go back to bcm. I think that time I prefer going back to bcm rather than to stay back at home.

Had different creative classes such as flags, vocal, dance and so on. Much can be learnt from there. And one thing for sure that blew me away. Which is I can't imagine myself doing what the usual me do. Which is to just simply come out with a dance step, acting as "naughty" as possible for a particular scene etc. Crazy indeed. I have to get back to my senses and thought to myself... "Was it me who did that?" Boy... It's really hard to believe. Anyway for the weekend ministry for Friday, went to Revival Centre. Started off pretty well to me. From ice breaker to worship then to testimonies. And I out of the blue after had the tugging to worship lead a while during the alter call time since there were a little bit of lost-ness on what other song to sing and I ended up singing back the same song just to make things a little easy. It went well, except dunno why for a short period of time my voice just like puffed... Can't sing or talk properly. Maybe I didn't warm up or something. No idea about that... Though my voice resumed back to normal after that. Weird.

Next day went to Canaan Church at Segambut. The youth group was petty small. Like a mere 10+ people. If the YES group was not there, think it would be like a cell group meeting or something like that. Atmosphere there was pretty different as compared to Revival Centre maybe it was due to the receptivity of the people there or something else. Maybe can be said the participation of the youths there of that church? Anyway, our batch guess where the batch who took public transport, from bus to train to our destinations. Not bad, not bad indeed.

Following day which was a Sunday head to Klang. To go to Glad Tidings Klang Church. Took the train there. Had breakfast since most of us where hungry. Had an incident where the grass cutter man who was not considerate and just cuts the grass near where we where seating. That resulted in small stones flying everywhere and we where just ducking for cover to avoid the stones hitting our face or anything. And us guys resulted to build a human wall just to shield the others from the flying stones and other puny objects.


After breakfast we headed to the church. This time we only had drama. It was good enough anyway. Then we went to have "Bak Kut Teh" for lunch. Quite an authentic meal. After lunch we where fetched to the train station and we took the train back. And retire, napped in our respective dorm. As it was quite exhausting. But a great experience to have the chance to visit other churches and see how God's work is done in various churches.


On tues the other half of the week towards the end, went to an orphanage to just bless them. With games, songs, prayer of blessing over them, giving them gifts. A pleasing sight to see as I took various pictures and manage to see the smile over the children's faces. To know they are having a good time. And us the YES students to pray over the children there. Praying a prayer of blessing to their lives that they may know Jesus Christ in the future and accept Him as their Lord and Savior. Everybody who where at the home and visited really had a fun time together.

About the various classes we had throughout YES. They where beneficial to us. Various pastors from the YAM committee did ministered to us in some way or another. And God's presence was indeed there. It was a refreshing time altogether to be closer to God. Learning new things that can draw our relationship with God closer. Having the awareness to know the spritual dangers that are looming around. It's like a solitude time together with fellow Christians, having fun together in learning together, boost each other up, praying for each other and so on.

There where group activities as well. Where had to plan on what skit and jingle to do on the final night. Every group did work hard enough and everyone did well in their own special & funny. Those who where from the previous YES attended the sort of like alumni night. We had good food and everyone had a good laugh on the various skits and jingles each group performed.

Lastly the day where everyone not quite been waiting for arrived. Which is the ending. Being imparted by prayer from the various YAM comm who where there and we where given our cert. of completion and then lastly everyone bidding each other goodbye, getting each other's info, taking pictures and to do packing and with a very heavy heart bidding each other farewell. Cheers to everyone at YES 2008!! Hope to see you guys somewhere, sometime. Soon!!

No comments: