Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Teacher, teacher.

Out of my mind did I ever wondered that one day... One fine day in my life that I would be a secondary school teacher. At the most I had in mind was to be either a kindergarden or primary teacher or something like that. Well, seems that things don't turn out what you expect them to be. How did I became a teacher? The process or I would rather say, what really happened was that 27th January, at night, my mom out of the blue came to me and asked me whether wanna teach in a secondary school. Because one of our church member who had a surgery and at the same time she is a teacher in that school and told my mom that there would be vacancy for replacement teacher. Meaning to replace her place in short while she have a short recovery period.

So I just sort of didn't thought much about it. Was told the pay is to be about 50 bucks or so a day. Not that bad, at least it's way better pay compared to the company I used to work in. In the end I slept over it and the next morning only started thinking hard whether want to go for the interview or not. Resulted me of going. Went there, met the afternoon supervisor. And I wasn't being asked much question and the one question that stunned me was... "Can you start work today?" I was like... Speechless... I could say give me some time and I would reply you. Called, my parents and they said fine for me to start work straight away. Thought to myself, well, since I don't have anything to do at home besides lazing around. In the end I agreed to start work.

So the teaching taste begins! Can't imagine myself as a secondary school teacher. With church members who studies in that school in awed not believing that I teach. And the journey started on that day, with last minute preparation I started teaching. Not that at all bad. Just need to have some experience obtained as the days passes by. Overall it's not bad, just the fact some classes are good and some not that fun to teach in as the students doesn't give full cooperation also. Now, everywhere I go at the school compound, prefects or students that sees me gotta greet me. Though that was what I used to do some time ago. I hope my voicebox won't go into problem mode if not I would sound like an alien talking.

Now's the end of my first week of teaching. Things can be more hectic as much to be prepared. At the same time, perhaps can be fun teaching. Oh yeah, I'm teaching English and Geography. Started to mark books, give homework, semi-scold people. Haha. First time being a teacher. What other odd things awaits me? I wonder...

1 comment:

JL said...

Geography.... Thats not to difficult... But hmm.. you geng lar... hahahaha can handle those little demi-devils... hahahaha So how does our own church member regard you when they see you walking...

BTW, did you bring a long a "rotan" and a small pile of books under your underarm and start whacking those naughty students and nod your head when people say "good morning Sir!"... hahahaha... Well at least you're not growing fungus !

-Jerry-lyn-