Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Monday, February 11, 2008

CNY 2008.

Yet another time of family reunion, adding to that the annual festivity season is back here again. Chinese New Year is back and everyone's happy about it. Well, don't know if it's true as some need to dig DEEP into their pockets aka bank accounts etc to provide us singles or anyone they feel "led" to give to which is none other than the famously known for many generations and also generations to come which is Ang Pow. This time round I tried to keep track of the amount of the red packet I've been receiving, not that bad amount I have to say. But then can't get to keep it as it's a sort of "law" that got to give parents for safe keeping. Hope that law won't apply for me next year. I wish.... So I would try to sum everything up here of what went on here on my side during the period of CNY.
First time feeling the CNY happiness in a school environment since I'm a relieve teacher there. And the feeling is quite interesting. Because it had been some time ago since I last felt that during my secondary school days. Before CNY eve, the school had a CNY celebration, with lion dance performance done by the school wushu club, songs presentation. Overall it's not bad. Then it's off for a week of holidays. As usual, went for reunion dinner, visited relative's home during CNY, dinner, visitation to other people's house and more eating. More like CNY is a visitation + eating sort of festival. CNY without food is a no-no in any whatsoever vocabulary or dictionary at all.
I think I manage to sum up everything. Coz it's mostly all visitation, people coming over to visit, food, going other place to eat and so on. Exception that it does feels a bit fast. This time round CNY just passed by quite fast. Don't whether it's because of weekends or something. It just feels like it just zapped by. Anyway, soon to be back to school and another set of holidays coming around which is school holiday. Haha.... Not that bad afterall. That's all for now that I can think of about this time's CNY. Would take this time to Wish everyone whom I know or may have accidentally forgotten a Very Happy, Blessed & Joyous Chinese New Year!!

No comments: