Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

What I Enjoyed.

It seems that after I started work I get to "explore" more about food heaven and also other things. But then some comes with a price..... Which is I have to fork out my own finances in order to enjoy it. Sighs..... But then on the brighter side, it's an investment. I don't mind forking out some money once in awhile to eat something that I've never eaten before or go to a certain restaurant which is alien to me. And so, besides having the privilege to watch "Tunku" the musical for about 2 times for free, the musical turned out to be excellent for a local production. I nowadays get to go with my colleagues to places they've been, experienced the taste of the food there since they are pretty much particular about the service and taste. Try giving them bad service for once and you won't see them ever again coming to your restaurant.

Not only going out with my colleagues did I enjoyed the various food, sometimes when the client organizes an event and coincidentally have a lunch or dinner reception I get to enjoy the lunch or dinner reception. So far I had lunch at Shook- Starhill Gallery after a check presentation from YTL to WWF & RARE. Both are wildlife preservation bodies. So I had this chun-ted mushroom soup, though it tasted bitter but then it's like mushrooms grinded together because for normal mushroom after biting it there would be like a bitter taste at the end. Main course I had honey mustard chicken which was not bad while my colleague had dory fish with saffron sauce. And the dessert was chocolate cake & ice cream. Do not be fooled by the normal chocolate cake, it's really yummy when you taste it. With melted chocolate on the top, you see it you will drool for sure. There was an appetizier plate which is prawns in a bowl shaped cracker but didn't manage to take a pic of it. So the total meal costs how much? Well... It's RM 128, astounding food does come with astounding price. Don't you all agree?








So today in conjuction with my other colleague's birthday, we went to an Italian Restaurant and had pasta for lunch. A set meal to be precise. I only manage to get a picture of the place but was too busy enjoying the food till I did not take a picture of it. So the beginning dish was a prawn dish, cooked with olive oil, marvellous food indeed (it costs RM19 for about 5 prawns?) but then with the garlic mixed together it certainly blends well. Next up is potato soup, it was tasty, though it looked like campbell soup (which is not) it tasted great. Certainly not from any canned soups for sure. Nest is the main dish which is spagheti Eligo (italian names are just weird which in the end I can't remember the name for it.) It has mushrooms, some black pepper, dried chilli on it. Tasted a bit spicy but wonderful. Guess it was cooked with olive oil. Had dessert which is some kind of custard looking dessert. I had mine and also ate my colleague's share. It has brown sugar on top which I think they make it burnt on purpose and it tasted just great. The shop is located at KL Plaza. Didn't get the name of the shop but I think I know how to get there. So my set lunch cost about RM23 (including 15% taxes). That place looks kind of hidden but then the furnishings there is like an artistic place though in overseas it maybe a poor man's house but here, it's artistic. Certainly good for dating spots if so happen if you all are on a date and don't know where to eat. Haha.


All these things are once in a lifetime sort of thing. Unless I get a full time job would I be able to go back to those places that I visited before. If not it's going to be once in a lifetime sort of thing. Though I had tried Nandos and it cost me about RM20+ which is quite stressful to my wallet but then it's just once and not again would I go back there for sure. Unless someone treat me. Next post going to be about the Youth Leader's Retreat in Penang. So sit tight and watch out as it's going to be quite a long post I guess since it's was a happening retreat with various exploration on glorious food in Penang. In short, stay tuned while I get my fingers busy typing that out. Cheers =D

No comments: