Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back To School- Uni.

Now I'm back to the world of studying. With almost half a year passed by... Not doing nothing but gaining working experience from some jobs I had. One was internship with an advertising company, the other being a relieve teacher in a secondary school. Now, after some decision making, decided to resume studying. Thankfully managed to transfer to university with my diploma I had. So today was my orientation day. Which went pretty more or less... Smoothly.
Went out of my house about 7.10am, fetched Hui Juin as well since she's studying the same course but then different semester than me which is Degree in Broadcasting in UTAR- PJ campus.
Reached the campus about 8.10am. Had the usual morning traffic along Federal Highway. At least we weren't late. We were kinda lost at first because there were many other students who were there and not all of them are taking degree. Mostly are taking foundation. At last we managed to sort out where we should go. Redeemed stuffs that were needed and headed to the hall. There where speeches, some talks, some introductions which were quite lengthy to me and I don't quite feel that it should be held. In short not so important. Advertisement about various activities that are going to be held throughout the orientation week.
Had a pretty short lunch break which was about 20 mins like that and so we went to the nearest restaurant and had a quick lunch and back to the hall where we were to have another talk and ended with mass call. Which some sort of orientation thingy. I got to say that some seniors (I think) who promote a certain event was more or less making a fool out of themselves. Just don't quite see the point on why they do certain action, different sort of movement and also some short presentation. For example, to promote talent time (a time where ppl can exhibit their talents: dance, singing etc on stage). They had one guy who sang, a girl fake playing a keyboard and some actions which were crazy in short. Don't why on earth they were doing that for.
So throughout the orientation, I was feeling either sleepy or bored. Not quite a good feeling to start off with in uni life. Mass call was kinda lengthy due to the speech + advice by the President of UTAR. Went to enquire some things about my course, the person in charge was on leave. Equals useless asking the person that was on the counter. And to make matters worst, went to get my car and there was night market stalls already set up. Then only Hui Juin remembered there's night market today, unfortunately she forgotten. Ended up my car was blocked by a murthabak stall and have no way to get out. In the end have to call Hui Juin's dad to give me a lift back. Have to wait till 11pm plus in order to go all the way there again to get my car back. Pathetic indeed. The stall owner told me too bad I parked my car there. "Itulah nasib" he said. Oh yeah, Hui Juin was laughing like anything which was the result.
Oh well, what a day for me. Hope I would be able to get my timetable and get things sorted out on Thursday. Or else it's going to be a tough one on when am I suppose to head to Penang for church camp. Sighs. What an "efficient" structure they have.

No comments: