Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Thursday, May 29, 2008

A week in Uni.

Today is the first week I went through in university. Lectures where pretty short because it's the first week and everything are just introductions. Introduction of the lecturers themselves, the subjects, the assignments that are going to take place and so on. So far so good to me..... Thus far I'm still trying to adapt back to university life since it was about half a year ago I last stepped into college. In terms of fashion, nothing much to say except just don't be too nerdy? Everyone in uni dresses appropriately. I suppose... Or else for sure who don't they would face disciplinary action. As for friends, still taking my time to adapt on, doing some observation. Since I'm an advance standing student, meaning I came from college into university. Managed to jump to semester two instead starting from scratch that is semester one. But..... Certain subjects in semester one I got to take it together with my "juniors". Oh well, sounds cool since once entered uni can be a senior already. Haha.
Hiccups did happened throughout the week, once was my car being blocked by a night market stall... Next was being stuck in the off-office-hours traffic jam which was pretty frustrating. And another one could just make me feel miserable... Well, I'll mention it later...
As for the subjects in my course for this semester, some are interesting and some are not. Due to not getting a credit for my "Intro to Advertising", I got to go through the class again. Sighs..... Anyway, guess it's going to be much of a refresh class since I quite forgotten what my lecturer taught me when I was in college. Other subjects that I'm having, one of it is "Chinese Language for Communication". This one, is a tough one I think. because it was a long time ago since I could write or read fluently. Now, it's clearing the rust and setting the mind properly time. Oh boy... There's "Pengajian Malaysia" subject to learn, the atmosphere just feels like sejarah class. And it's three hours straight class. Though there's break of 10 mins every hour.
At least there's "Radio Broadcasting" subject which sounds interesting to study on. But being told about the assignments that we are going to have... I kind of wonder to myself... "What trouble did I ended myself into?" Want to know what assignment that I'm going to have? Okay.. Here goes... First is the individual assignment where everyone, individually have to become a deejay for a show that each are going to have. Ironic right? I thought I can be a backstage crew to help out. That sort of thing. Not to stand in front of people and talk or make a fool out of myself. Seems I got no choice this time... Plus guess it's time to be a little bit outspoken since I'm quite shy sort of person... Oh yea, those who are reading this, can you help me to think of a nickname for me? The lecturer told us (the class)that every deejay has a nickname. Ie: Hitz fm, dj Fuzz etc. So anyone with ideas?
Next assignment which is group assignment, have to do 3 separate things. One is drama, other is 30 sec commercial, lastly is newscasting. Sounds interesting. In this case probably I may be the cameraman as well as the video editor. Hehe. Since I have the skills.
As for the incident today, I was very close in loosing 300 bucks. I was flagged by traffic police. Guess there was a speed trap along the Connaught Highway, and there were several cars who got stopped as well. Scenario went like this, I was just driving at my normal speed of 110km/h which I drive on any other day. Then ahead, almost near to Taman Connaught, there was a road block. So I just went through it with nothing in thought. And then horror struck...... A policeman called me to go to the side of the road and so I did. Wind down my window and the conversation went something like this: Police: "Berapa km/j kamu sedang pandu tadi? Kamu tahu tak kamu 'speeding'?" Me: (Trying to have some excuse) "Saya sangka had seratu-" (Was cut out by him) Police:"Jangan nak tipu, sememangnya 'highway' ialah 80km/j, kamu telah melanggar had laju, so saya bagi you tiga ratus ringgit saman ya" Me: (So what can I say? What could I do? But to offer my driving license and IC, to the police) Police: (Went aside to check my particulars, then came back) "You student kah?" Me: "Yea tuan." (Still not yet writing the saman, he (police) went somewhere which I suppose to his superior then he came back) Police: "Memandagkan kamu student, saya akan bagi you satu warning saja dan tidak saman you, anda boleh pergi." Me: (With much relieve) "Terima kasih tuan" (drove off)...
So that was how the scenario was... After that I went for lunch. Still had the stun feeling since I escaped the fiery of getting my 300 bucks summon. Thank God I wasn't punished but being let go with a warning. Next time have to look out for traps. I was pretty calm and cool looking (since I have no idea what to expect, if I'm to be punished with the summon, too bad. I have to accept it as the fact.) But being let off is a huge relief indeed and also that police officer didn't ask for bribe. Phew!! Otherwise I have to dig out from my own pocket to pay that fine. No good on wasting my money on that. Lesson learnt, hope next time the speed limit would be raised because 80km an hour is just very low!! Anyway, to God be the glory =)

2 comments:

JL said...

So it did manage to scare the pants out of you... lucky didn't pee ah... but yeah, seldom, or shall I say rarely I seen such case where you are able to scot-free...well don't drive so fast la next time. CINTAILAH NYAWA ANDA ! ... INGATLAH ORANG TERSAYANG !

-ANGELINE-

JL said...

* correction for the word rarely... it should be never