Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Monday, May 12, 2008

Beloved Parents.

Celebrated parents day on the 11th of May at IYC- International Youth Centre. Both the Chinese and English services where good. As for the presentation, came out to do a poem and singing a song for the youth presentation. Plans didn't went as expectedly for some but anyway, good comments I received. Guess it's my 1st time presenting on stage in front of quite a big crowd. I doubt I'm going to do it again. Tough task to take on. So the poem was written by Emily Tang and I. She wrote the first two paragraphs while I wrote the last three. Then I ended with a song, with Matt (who was hiding by the side for no apparent reason... Sighs...) Sang the song by Josh Groban- You raised me up. Though some glitches but it was ok... Enjoy the poem =)

The Woman.
In pain she bore the very me.
She loves even when hurt goes deep
Many things in her very heart she keeps
Only Heaven knows…
Yet in her silence she shows instead
A life of radiance and grace
Her children - her ministry
Her family - her priority
With God, all she gladly embrace.
This woman – my beloved mum.

The Man.
The Shepherd of his flock.
Loving, in his own special way
His tears so precious, they wash away
Burdens and pains, and all hard knocks of life.
He gathers his sheep too, when the wolves come by.
He is strong yet gentle, firm yet merciful
Wise in his counsel, patient in his troubles.
Sustained by God’s hands; he directs his clan
In His ways to bring Him the glory.
This man – my beloved dad.

We are ever so thankful
To have parents so faithful
And some, very youthful
Really, you are like our guru
Guiding us and teaching us about life

To say a little prayer
To our Almighty Creator
That you may be filled with laughter
And not being sulkier
To bring the family together
To a higher level of maturity

Dear God, our prayer for our parents
Is to protect them from any sickness or diseases
To give a solution for any of their problems
Filling them with many of your blessings
Taking any stress they have in their working lives
To always remember Your agape love for us.

No comments: