Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Friday, May 2, 2008

A Day in Malacca.

Charis Christian Centre was privileged to be invited upon to lead worship in two sessions for the National Prayer Conference which was held in Malacca. Unfortunately due to C.E. (Christian Education) class held on Wednesday, we could not go a day earlier. Which ended up all of us, Danny Liang & wife, Lisa, Janice Tan, Tommy, Desmond, William, Andrew, Pauline, Ne Wei, Ps. Andrew, my dad and I had to meet up at Connaught's Mcd at 5.30am. Yeah, first time waking up so early in the morning and I got to admit it was a very sleepy task to do so indeed. After meeting up, in 4 cars, off we go to Malacca.
I slept in the car for awhile, though I woke up and slept back again a few times. But still, sleep deprived... Had a stop along the way to have a drink then we continued our journey. It was a good, safe journey and we reached location at 0745 hours. Entered the ballroom where the conference was held to set up our things. Then we waited awhile for the session to start. The place was getting to be cold-er. Eventually it was very cold indeed and my nose was giving me trouble. Which thankfully caused me to be awake. I was really sleepy that I could sleep in front of the drum set. Anyway, it was a wonderful time that everyone flowed in the Spirit. Not a song we practiced were sung on that session. Meaning songs that were not in the plan were sung instead.
Second session, I got to have a break. Danny took over to play drums. So I got to see everything that was happening. And what took place was really encouraging and for sure that breakthrough would happen in all churches around Malaysia. Reconciliation took place between the various language speaking group. Tamil, English, Chinese etc. Even the Baba-Nyonya wasn't left out as well. Some may think why need to reconcile? Perhaps you may think upon this...
Various people may have the thought that they are insignificant. For instance, English dept have so many talents while the Chinese dept doesn't have and so on. Or in other way, congregation between the departments don't blend or don't work well which each other. More towards own friends in same dept than group of friends from various dept. Tendency of doing that is indeed high. Besides that, prone-ness in looking down at other party may happen? And the list goes on and on. Probably you may get the picture now. So that led for various leaders representing the whole department be it the Chinese, Indian and so on to apologise to each other on behalf of the particular language speaking group in Malaysia and having a prayer of forgiveness and reconciliation. I was an indeed a history created moment.
A pastor walked up to me and told me, anyway I did know who the pastor was. He was Ps. Gideon who's a Chinese but located in Canada. Met him when I was in Canada with my family. So he told me to be aware what is taking place. As 50 years of bondage is now being broken. And my generation are going to be the future leaders that would continue on the work of God. Significantly that all barriers are broken between various ethnic groups. And we are able to work hand in hand with each other without any problems at all, through the agape love of God. To move forward together in unity, for the glory of God. It was an encouraging word indeed that the pastor told me.
There were many shofa-s there. Sort of like a horn thingy. When it was blown, it's like the sound of victory. Imagine that being blown during worship, prayer... It does makes an impact. Not only there were shofa, various colours of flags were there as well. Beautiful indeed.
After second session, some left for KL and some went to town for dinner. I do admit that were a lot of advancement in Malacca since I last visited. Which was probably during the church camp. There was new malls, observation deck, double-decker bus and so on. I hope KL would somehow have some "updating". Had some local food and cendol. Then after that headed back while some stayed behind to spend the night there in Malacca.
A night drive back to KL. There wasn't any jam. I think, I was sleeping most of the time. Just try to sleep at 7am the day before because was watching football- MU vs. Barca. So was super acking of sleep I'd say. At least had a good time sleeping all the way back in the stillness of the dark. At least it wasn't day time as it would be sunny. Overall, it was a pleasent and good experience indeed. And an honour to be able to serve for the Prayer Conference.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sleepy until so many typing errors.. LOL