Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Influence Conference.

The title says it all. Influence conference, it was a one day conference (full day) though there was a concert night the day before the concert starts. Woke up at 6.30am on a nice cozy, tempting Saturday morning. With the tendency to just sleep on. Too bad I got to go fetch people that is why I got to force myself up, get prepared. Which in the end some people that I was to fetch did overslept. Thank God is overslept a bit. A bit.... If longer I think they are to find their back-up transport then. Lolz.

Reached there at 7.40am. Was helping out on grounds but the head of grounds came almost an hour later or so due to the fact he was fetching other people and the waiting for other people to get dressed up, make up and dunno what other up they got to do. Anyway nothing can be done about it. So there was the tasks of getting chairs in the amount of 1-2 hundred and around 5 or so people are helping which was then a pretty challenging task. And needing the energy to carry them to the place designated. Fuh... Tough job it was, guess my arms are few inches longer by now. Haha.

So went to register and get my things ie folders, pen etc. Then went for breakfast which I did not eat anything as I ate just a few small kaya pau before I came. Ending up myself just standing around and talking to some friends at the same time gathering back those lost breath that I lost somewhere. Then it was time to start the conference and we went to the Maranatha hall of GTPJ.

Burrr...... Super cold it was during the conference. Is like I'm directly blown from the super blasted air cond. Geez.... So was suffering from the cold for awhile. There was praise & worship, and few speakers spoke. Things that were taught that are related to life (Of course), and how to apply it when you're out in the working world (rats... talking about that I got approx 6 days more till I start my internship. Sobs. No more sleeping late etc.) Besides that, to stand strong as a Christian not doing what the world does such as bribing, dishonest and not portraying the Christian values that we ought to show as a good testimony.

After that we had lunch, then continue on with the sessions, after that a short toilet break, and on to the various workshop. I chose workshop on communicating skills. Which was not bad though the things I learnt there, I did learn some of them before when I was in college. After that it was tea break where we had connie dog. It's hot dog but I wonder why do they need to name it connie dog. Why oh why I wonder... But it does taste good, and no worries, the sausage is not made out of dog meat.

Then it's a 2 hrs break till the night concert starts. So some of us stayed and wandered around GTPJ's lobby. Others went out for a drink and some food. Then the night concert started, the band was called intone band. The first few songs they sang was ok but awkward a bit because no one was singing along as it seems and not jumping to the rhythm. As it was unfamiliar songs. Then there was familiar songs and everyone at last being able to participate. There was no female singers, it's an all guys band. An one of the band member played the keyboard and electric guitar. So switching from the instruments time to time. And he plays the electric guitar rocker style. Shaking head, body movements and so on. After that offering time, then it was our general superintendent who was the speaker of the night.

Service ended with alter call and some songs by the band. Then off we went to mamak for our dinner. Chit-chatted, ate, snap some pics then some of us left early, early means before 12am. Fetched back people, then reached home, bathed, and off to bed into I wondered where. Tired out it is and there came Sunday morning with a sleepy head went to church. Phew...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... Joel I terasa sangat lar when you mentioned "those people overslept" hahahahaha... Well so sorry about that alright....

-Angel-