Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Friday, July 6, 2007

Interview.


Everybody have their first times, first time going to school, first time going out for a date, first time having your own handphone etc. Well, my first time of going for an interview (which turned out to be more like a briefing). For an internship in a company. For some, in the surface it may look like a piece of cake but then when the actual day comes, depending how fast your "panic" system goes into action you may think otherwise.

So just let me take you all on a journey of me, going for an interview. 3rd July (tues) I called the company and asked the person-in-charge to enquire about my application status of having an internship with the company. For those who don't know what internship means, it's simple. Internship= apprentice, learn things from other people and so on. So I told the person I am to start on the 1st of Aug but the other party asked me whether can start on the 30th July or not because there would be an intern who is there who is leaving soon so going to use the few days before leaving to teach me those things that I need to learn. In short I am to take over that intern's place.

Thinking it isn't any problem starting on the 30th July, so I agreed. Then the person, ok I shall state that person name. She is Ms. Johanna. And so she asked me when can I go over to the company to have an interview, then she said tomorrow, which is the next day 4th July. Okay..... So the date is set and I am to meet up with her at 11am. Right...... 4th July (wed) 11am.

4th July- 9.20am. I woke up, brush my teeth, yadayada blah blah.... Do what usually people do when they wake up. Had breakfast and so on. 9.50am. Changed to my formal clothes, and took my bag which has my resume which was written the day before (pretty last minute) and had sis Ai Lin to help me run through and do some changes to it. I was told by my parents to take LRT to go as if I drive parking would be a hassle. Which I obeyed. (Thankfully)

10.20am. Drove to Bdr. Tun Razak station and reached there. Went to park my car at the colourful community centre. Then quickly made my way to the station. That time for me to estimate I'm not sure what time I would reach my destination because it has been quite a long while since I last took public transport. Waited and waited, 10.35am only did the train arrived. By then I started to do calculation with the hopes that I would arrive on time. By the way the panic system can be felt. It will not be a good impression to arrive late for the interview or else things might be worst.

Thank God I arrived to masjid jamek station before 11am. And then pretty much lost and kinda had some talking-to-myself moments. Wondering where to go, though I did asked friends online for directions to the place. But to find the place is pretty different altogether. Last resort, is to ask people for direction. Which I did and walk my way to the place. And the rest of the journey tot he company is just the thing called "remember what you've been told, where to go" so I figured out the place being drawn out on msn did I manage to find the company. Not without sweat, but under the heat of the city.

10.55am. I managed to reach the bottom floor of the building then asked my way to where is the company and went up to the 5th floor through the escalator and made my way to the reception counter to inform of my presence and to meet up with Ms. Johanna. I waited... 11.05am Wondering to myself who is Ms. Johanna as I sat outside at the lobby area; oh yeah the design of the place is more like a wooden sort of design of the place. The floor if I'm not mistaken is made from planks. Back to the waiting, 11.05am I saw an indian lady (not those super dark black type but more of a kaur) walking towards me and asked whether I am Joel Yap. So I followed her to a couch area and she asked me how long do I wanna be in the company which I said till the end of this year.

Then she told me what to do, so on and so forth. Done. Mission accomplished and it's confirmed that I Joel Yap is to start work on the 30th July 2007 at 9am, in an advertising company named Leo Burnett. Rank as an intern in the PR department. (Which there MIGHT be a probability that I have to wear a coat when I am to attend some events.) Allowance of 15 bucks a day being given by the company. So I hope when that day comes, everything would go smoothly and it's time to meet the world. Oh boy.... Guess I would update on that first day of work. Lolz. Have a blessed day everyone who's reading and God Blez =)

No comments: