Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Children Church.

Children church, a place where the children in the church gather together and have their Sunday service. Their church service in short. And out of the blue, without any warnings at all, I was being called to lead worship. Yes, lead worship in Children Church. Unbelievable? Believe it.

It all started at one Saturday afternoon with the thought in mind that I'm supposed to play drums for children church. Happy go lucky, walked up the stairs to the practice place in children church. Was kind of surprised that I saw someone I know who plays only drums there. I said nothing and just wait to see what would happened in the case of a mix up whatsoever.

No big deal, so I just waited and eventually that guy's playing drums instead of me... Oh well, guess I just going to linger there till the practice is over. Not till the worship leader aka Sunday school teacher there calls me to sing! I was pretty much eyes-wide-open 0.0 And giving a sharp "not syok" look to my pal who told me to come to play drums and he insisted that he was innocent cause he was told they (children church) needed a drummer so he called me.

Fine it was, though am not officially qualified to lead but at the same time I only worship led in my cell group. Only recently. So did a little grumbling to myself and pal which wasn't that obvious and eventually agreed to sing, so practiced, so on so forth. Before that I just thought that I was going to back-up sing. Which ain't that difficult to do. So that's the day of practice.

And Sunday came, went up to children church. Then was told to lead the 2nd song. Stunned for awhile I brainstormed on what to do. I do felt a little bit scared since it's going to be my very first time doing so as I did not worship lead in front of children before. So I guess you all would know how it feels anyway. With those hustle and bustle with myself, went up stage, sang, did actions so-on-so forth. Led my song which I was pretty lost as I don't know what action to do. Then came the worship song. Which I wasn't told of. That time spontaneously, that Sunday school teacher just called me to lead that song. Eyes wide open again, I just led that song (throughout the worship session I can't here myself singing, so don't know it was out of tune, which is in a sense good)

After that, all is done and phew.... That's the first and the last (which I doubt so now) time I'm doing it. Video clips was taken of me, since rarely you can see me on stage worship lead. Well, it was just a privilege to do so. Thank God that I had the experience as a drummer in the worship dept so I know what to do etc. Otherwise I would totally be L.O.S.T.

Got a feedback today at prayer meeting, saying that his child told him that I worship led in children church and he gave me encouragement. Which is good... in a way...

Anyway in the Bible, Jesus says, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as there." Matt 19:14

So this experience can be considered as a great one indeed ^^


No comments: