Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Sunday, April 22, 2007

First Time.

Everyone have their 1st time in doing things like going out for a first date, first kiss and so on. For me? Well, it's just plain simple but at the same time it's quite a fun one. Which is the first time playing drums & percussions as a main service musician.

It's quite a challenge, can be quite energy draining. As it involves mental, physical & spiritual. Mental in terms having the focus to focus on what I'm playing, playing in main service is no joke as there's the congregation and it is best not to have mistakes. For physical, having the need to play for 2 services. As spiritual, I need the right heart to play, because I'm not JUST playing for the sake of it but to you the talent we (musicians, praise singers) have to lead the congregation to worship. Not an easy job to do, as there's the need of the right attitude and not letting pride getting the good out of me.

Skills need to be improved, can't play the same old thing again and again but to have variaty. Otherwise people may get bored of it. Precisement of getting the timing right also is another factor too. So learning is still the thing I have to do to be in shape. Haha. So you think being a main service musician is very easy? Think twice~!!

It had been a year or two that I delayed on playing for main service as I'm pretty busy with other ministries ie multimedia, PA system, youth leader & music. It can be quite taxing. But anyway, I just continued to play for prayer meeting though being approached a few times whether I want to join the main service but I just say another time till my parents endorsed me to go only then I'm willing to go as I treat it as the right timing to go since that few years my parents didn't say anything or call me to go. So I just wait.

Anyway, now every 3 weeks I play once which is good in a way. So far I'm enjoying it =)


No comments: