Collections of Pictures of Me

Collections of Pictures of Me

Monday, September 10, 2007

Good Day, Bad Day.

*WARNING- Not-so-nice looking image ahead. Read with caution.*


And so my wish of joining a futsal competition finally became a reality. This time it's with my company people. People whom I'm not familiar with since I'm still considered a new person in the office. But at least get to know them slightly better. The week before the competition I wasn't aware about the existence of the competition till one day a mail popped up from the office email system. And there it was, a golden opportunity right before my eyes. I did not hesitate much but just find out the details and just signed myself up. For the next few days I went shopping around; guess some of you are astounded that I put the word "shopping" which I rarely do that. Haha. Anyway, yes I went to shop for equipment. More for my safety ones. Since I'm pretty much "scared up" here and there which I think it won't be that pretty and make me much like a "scar person".

I ended up buying shin pads, long socks for soccer. In total spent 30 bucks. Fine, not quite a big deal. I treat it more as an investment instead. Had a game of futsal among ourselves to see how are each other's ability, stamina etc. I was pretty excited and looking forward to the competition. As if a dream came true. After days of waiting the wonderful day arrived. Woke up, packed, dressed up and went to the venue. First time following the map, as the venue was in PJ, SS19. Wasn't sure of the map so just followed the map. With faith that the map would lead me there. Which it did afterall, thankfully.


Briefing started at 9am, and kick-off was at 10am. Oh yeah, it was a Saturday. We were 2nd to start playing. We had our own jerseys, in terms of the company jersey, colour was silver green like that. And black socks labelled Adidas. Quite good quality it is. I wore shorts which was meant for goalkeepers but then it was very short till it almost looked like swimming trunks. But I still wear it since it may enable me to run freely. Had a long sleeve jersey which is quite hot if I were to wear it all the time. So I planned to wear it when I'm playing. When I'm not I would just change. By that time, I felt butterflies in my stomach. It was those over-excited but at the same super anxious sort of feeling which I had it everytime I play till the last game I played.

Overall we had a threesome. Lost one match 0-1, draw 1-1 (last min free kick scored by opponent) and won 3-2. But due to some manipulation of the game we did not manage to enter qualifying round. My other teammates complained, swear-ed, boo-ed cause the last match for our group was between 2 teams from the same company. And you all should guess why they complained. So the last match we played that we won, that time only I made a couple of good saves. Since gaining the momentum as we progressed on. Left the place to a coffee shop though the whole thing had not over as yet since it was no use for us to stay back as we would just sit and watch. Which would be quite boring. That time I had a bruise, between my thigh and butt.

It was slightly pain, not till I reached home and bathed. That was when suffering started. It was awfully painful. Is like 10 needles poking you. What to do, I just can tahan the pain. Won't be frantically screaming like a madman. Sunday, it was painful as my long pants was sort of "scrapping", in other words is gesaran. So it turned out to be a wound since the skin is almost peeled off. Gosh, now is day two of "suffering". Hope the wound would be well soon though. But then is just the day as usual. Back to work. (Though I did thought of taking leave) Sighs.....

No comments: